[a still from the video i made of tonight's show]
before the show i was questioning whether or not going would be a good idea, since i was feeling so rotten. i figured there was no use sitting around feeling sorry for myself, so shelly and i headed off! we met up with this lovely girl nana, who i always see at the BEST shows, and kevin alvir. after the opening band [cough cough], i called niko asking where he was and he said he just didn't feel like riding his bike to the show. i asked darren when he was going on and he said "in 15 minutes", and i ran to my car, picked niko up, and got back just as he was starting! phew! and, honestly, going to the show tonight was the absolute best thing i could have done. it was one of those shows where my mouth ached after it was over, because i'd smiled so much. after the show, i smiled even more, since we convinced darren and bree to come with us to bob & edith's where:
1) darren ordered grits and scooped the butter out with a spoon and put it on a saucer. then proceeded to pour sugar onto them!
2) shelly did darren's MASH game.
3) it took forever to make our food.
4) i text msged owenm saying that darren said hello and that he would buy him a pint the next time he saw him.
5) on the way, darren read through the notes shelly and i had written during the opening band's set [oops].
6) darren tried to figure out what KCW stood for.
7) afterwards, kevin played 'always buggin' at galaxy hut acoustic for our party and alice and a barfly [and of course i videotaped it].
8) darren and bree said earlier in the night that they were thinking of going to the zoo tomorrow and i told them to call me if they ended up going. i am going to dream of a wake up call from darren hanlon now.
ps. dear friends,
if i tell you a fucking secret [even if it is only that i am playing a joke on djswifty], PLEASE keep it. i am really fucking sick of things i say getting leaked. if i told you something secret, it is because i trust you to keep it that way. if you are unsure as to whether something is a secret or not, please ask me first before telling someone else. i am ranting, but that is because i am allowed to. if you are one of my friends, then i trust you to keep things that i tell you in confidence just between us.
ps2. dear boys (AND friends),
please be honest to me. i don't care if it hurts. i would rather know the truth. lying and/or half truths come out eventually. the longer lies and half truths live, the more they hurt when they are found out. i've had to deal with lying from boys and friends FAR MORE in my lifetime than i should have. if you want to be close to me, then i need yr honesty more than anything else.