1) Was 2008 a good year for you? more ups than downs this year.
2) What was your favorite moment of the year? obama winning the election and starting our own little parade around ukv/wp!
3) What was your least favorite moment of the year? losing one of my nearest friends to me being a bad friend.
4) Where were you when 2008 began? at kirstie & jason's watching flight of the conchords for the first time.
5) Who were you with? zachary, kirstie, jason, sei jin, robert, gavin, am i leaving anyone out?
6) Where will you be when 2008 ends? still not sure where we'll be. schaumburg for gavin's party if the weather allows. if not, reba's or rhea's or gabe's? there were a slew of invites.
7) Who will you be with when 2008 ends? zachary and the crew depending on where we end up.
8) What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? met my birth mom and extended family.
9) Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? my resolutions were plenty and they lived here: http://madflowr.livejournal.com/2008/01/02/
they were (with subcategories):
treat myself better
get rhymes with twee out there more
be the best boo
be a better friend
have more fun
i did pretty well on many of those fronts, but the exercise stuff will start soon; really. i got gym membership to a gym about 4 blocks from my house that finally opened in late november, but i have not touched it yet.
10) Did anyone close to you give birth? someone formerly very close to me did.
11) Did anyone close to you die? not this year.
12) Did you travel outside of the US in 2008? nope.
13) How many different states did you travel to in 2008? virginia, maryland, dc, oregon, washington, california, pennsylvania...pretty sure that's it.
14) What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? more follow through.
15) What date(s) from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? The whole West coast adventure including meeting my birth mom and extended family for the first time ever, seeing Brianne for the first time since Laini's funeral and seeing Radiohead with her four times down the coast, getting to see so many friends (Colleen, Nancy, Balki Dan, April, Susie) and meet Michael Pop for the first time. So many lovely experiences and delicious food. - TIED WITH - Having Jason Anderson play my 29th bday show @ South Union Arts. That also ruled.
16) What was your biggest achievement of the year? Finding/meeting my birth mom. Selling the most I have sold at a craft fair yet in Pittsburgh, PA at Handmade Arcade!
17) What was your biggest failure? Losing aforementioned friend. Slowly working back into it, fingers crossed.
18) Did you suffer any illness or injury? Itchy lips! Figured out it was that I was allergic to nutmeg among other things! Voila!
19) What was the best thing you bought? Z and I made our first major purchase together; a 40" flat screen LCD tv. Whee!
20) Whose behavior merited celebration? Randy Pausch. Barack Obama.
21) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Sarah Palin.
22) Where did most of your money go? Rent, craft supplies, my patch test, Hoggle vet visits.
23) What did you get really, really, really excited about? Seeing Radiohead.
24) What song will always remind you of 2008? Beyonce - Single Ladies. Is that weird?
25) Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? chubbier.
iii. richer or poorer? richer.
26) What do you wish you'd done more of? More craft fairs, more getting serious with being a crafter. More creating...writing a novel, re-learning guitar, writing more songs, recording songs, etc. Making a movie...
27) What do you wish you'd done less of? Less wasting time on the internet [good example I am setting with this].
28) How will you be spending Christmas? Spent in Alexandria, VA with my rents.
29) Did you fall in love in 2008? I fall in love with Z more every day.
30) If yes, with who? Z.
31) If yes, do they know? Yep.
32) Are you still in love with them? Heck yes.
33) You regret it? Nope.
34) Did you breakup with anyone in 2008? Nope.
35) How many one-night stands? Zero.
36) How many people did you sleep with in 2008? Uno!
37) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Nope.
38) Did you make any new friends in 2008? Yes.
39) Who are your favorite new friends? Met two lj friends IRL: Janice and Michael, so at that point did they become real friends? Ryan Cady. Jen Swallow. Mindi. My downstairs neighbors exes Amanda and Bianca.
40) What was your favorite month of 2008? August.
41) Did you miss anybody in the past year? Aforementioned friend.
42) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year? Not really.
43) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2008? Can't think of one.
44) Did you treat somebody badly in 2008? Tried not to.
45) Did somebody treat you badly in 2008? Yes.
46) What was your proudest moment of 2008? Selling so much at Handmade Arcade?
47) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2008? Having Jason repeatedly sing Happy Birthday to me at my birthday show. Yes, it was my birthday, but I just wanted him to sing! Silly. I think he said or sang Happy Birthday like 7 times.
48) What was your greatest musical discovery? Hmm, that's a tough one. Late to the game, but Kaki King blew my mind when I saw her open for Mountain Goats. Also Jeffrey Lewis. Yelle?
49) What did you want and get? Jason playing my bday jubi-leigh, meeting my b-mom.
50) What did you want and not get? South Union Arts to be able to survive. :(
51) What was your favorite new film of this year? Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist.
52) What was your favorite TV program? Lost, Ugly Betty, Mad Men, Heroes. Late to the game: Twin Peaks.
53) What was your favorite record from 2008? Well, I listened to Los Campesinos - Hold On Now, Youngster... A LOT. I have to think about this one some more. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. My year end list will be written soon.
54) How many concerts did you see in 2008? Not many compared to previous year. See here: http://www.make-outparty.com/shows.html Crafting has taken over my life at the moment.
55) Did you have a favorite concert in 2008? Radiohead @ Hollywood Bowl (Los Angeles, CA - Night 1) tied with Radiohead @ Hollywood Bowl (Los Angeles, CA - Night 2). I've got to write my year end list, but those two topped it off.
56) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2008? More than other years, yes, but spaced out.
57) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2008? Zero.
58) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 29 and Jason Anderson played my birthday party at South Union Arts and it was magical and I was surrounded by the people that really mean something to me!
59) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
60) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Ha! Keep on keeping on I guess. I ditched a ton of old stuff. I am really into cardigans right now.
61) What kept you sane? Zachary...always.
62) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Obama / Randy Pausch.
63) How much money did you spend in 2008? No way would I know this.
64) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: Be the best friend I am able to be.
65) What are your plans for 2009? Make rhymes with twee more successful, be a better friend and boo, get in shape. All those normal resolutions.